Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Pasta Salad

This is one of my favorite go-to salads... just ask my family, it is all I EVER bring to potlucks.  I love it most because you just throw in whatever you have, and it always turns out great!


 Pasta Salad Recipe
1/2 lb. your favorite pasta (we loves shells, ditalini, rotini, and bow-ties)
1 can beans (black, kidney, garbanzo or great northern)
1 carrot, quartered and diced thin
1 stalk celery, sliced
1/2 bell pepper, chopped
1/4 c. cubed cheddar cheese
~1/4 c. Italian Salad Dressing (My family really loves the Italian dressing, but I think it is just as good with Ranch)
salt, pepper and Italian Seasoning to taste

The above ingredients I use every time - if I have them I will use some or all of the following:
wheat berries, green or red onions, broccoli, cauliflower, cucumber, tomato... pretty much any vegetable you have stocked in your fridge.
Cook noodles, drain, and rinse with cold water.  Combine all ingredients in large bowl and toss together with dressing and seasonings.  Chill for 2 hours (I hardly ever remember to make it that far in advance for dinner, but the longer it sits, the better it is - makes great leftovers).  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment