Sunday, November 1, 2009

Chicken Chalupas

I got this recipe from my mother-in-law.  It is so delicious!  And easy, I love crock pot meals!


Chicken Chalupas
Put in crock-pot for 5-8 hours:
3 lb. chicken breast
1 qt. stewed tomatoes
1 tsp. oregano
2 7oz. cans green chilis
1 tsp. salt
 ½ tsp. red pepper
2 cloves garlic
1 lb. pinto beans (presoaked)
4 tsp. cumin

Cook in crockpot on low for 8 hours or high for 4-5.
Shred chicken just before serving and return to pot.
Serve over rice or tortilla chips.
Top with lettuce, salsa, olives, guacamole, tomatoes, cheese, etc.

1 comment:

  1. Michelle WalkenhorstNovember 2, 2009 at 1:07 PM

    I'm so gonna try this. I'm always looking for really good crockpot recipes, especially ones people have tried and loved.

    Have you checked out Jake's cooking blog ? http://jakesrecipes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete