Friday, April 30, 2010

Suckers

My mom would make suckers for us a lot growing up, and I always thought they were the best ever!  I finally decided to make some myself, and they turned out great.  Cannon ended up bringing some for each kid in his preschool class.  They were a big hit.
Suckers
2/3 c. white karo syrup
2 c. sugar
1 c. water
1/2 tsp. oil flavoring (watermelon is my favorite)
food coloring
Sucker molds and sticks

Spray molds with cooking spray and lay on foil lined baking sheets.
Put sticks into slots.

Put syrup, sugar and water in a pan and stir to mix.
Put on stove over high heat.
DO NOT STIR.
Use a candy thermometer, and cook to 300 degrees (if it starts to turn yellow, it's done!)
Remove from heat and add food coloring and oil flavoring.
Pour into molds.
Makes 20-22.

No comments:

Post a Comment