Thursday, April 5, 2012

Chicken Salad Sandwich

The only good thing about the husband going out of town? The food. On weeks like this one, when there is just me, the kids, and 4 days to ourselves, I fill it with deliciously wonderful dishes that he hates. This is one of those, and I love every bite of his absence.
The best part? This comes together in about 5 minutes (hence the ALONE with the kids part).
There are about a gazillion chicken salad recipes wandering about out there, and I'll pretty much eat all of them, but this is my favorite. No nuts, no celery, and no onions (even for me!). This version is from the sister in law. And like most of them, the measurements are never 'exact', but I've attempted to get it close for those who need it. 
Chicken Salad Sandwich
Recipe from Charisse Moore

1 pint canned chicken (about 2 cups)
1 small bunch red, seedless grapes, halved (1 heaping cup)
1 large apple, chopped
1 Tbsp. lemon juice
salt and pepper to taste
mayo to desierd consistency (1/2 - 3/4 c.)

Drain chicken and dump into a large bowl.
Top with halved grapes and chopped apple.
Sprinkle lemon juice, salt and pepper over everything.
Dump the mayo on there and stir everything together.
Season to taste with additional lemon juice, salt and pepper.
Serve on croissants.

No comments:

Post a Comment