Monday, April 22, 2013

3-2-1 Cake Mix

A completely easy and fool proof quick dessert recipe.  And I mean quick.
Without thinking I apparently told my oldest that he could have cake for dessert.  So not like me.  I had meant to make cupcakes with him, but life happened and it slipped my mind.

  During dinner I remembered, slightly panicked, and then hoped that he would forget all about it.  He usually does.  But not this time.
It was 20 minutes from bedtime, and I was praising Pinterest, yet again, for saving my menu.

I whipped this up in no time (seriously, like 5 minutes total).
I'm pretty sure I won the mom of the day award.
3-2-1 Cake Mix
Recipe from The Hidden Pantry

1 box Angel Food Cake Mix
1 box Cake Mix (any flavor - I chose chocolate)

In a large bowl, thoroughly combine the two cake mixes (just the dry stuff - don't add anything else).
They fit and store perfectly in a quart ziplock bag.

To make each serving:
3 Tbsp. cake mix
2 Tbsp. water
1 minute in microwave

Mix water and cake mix in a pint size jar or mug.
Microwave for 1 minute.

For added mom coolness, drizzle on chocolate syrup or caramel sauce, preferably in the initial of your kiddo's name.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment