Monday, August 26, 2013

No Peek Beef Tips

My crockpot is not functioning as well as it once did.  My low setting cooks like it is on high, and my high setting cooks like it is super high.  The result?  Not so tender fast cooked meat.  Kind of defeats the purpose.
So... I set out in search of a non crockpot method for tender beef, and I found this recipe.
It is a great switch up from regular roast beef, comes together really quickly, and is a meat and gravy dish all in one (which I loved!).  Super fast and delicious.  We served ours over mashed potatoes.

No Peek Beef Tips
Recipe from Discount Queens

2 lb. cubed beef (steak, roast, stew meat, chuck, etc.)
1 packet brown gravy mix
1 packet onion soup mix
1 c. water

Put meat in a greased 9x13" baking dish.
Mix remaining ingredients together and pour over meat.
Cover tightly with foil and bake at 300 degrees for 3 hours (no peeking!)

Serve hot over mashed potatoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment